GIA Student Membership
GIA Student Membership is a special membership status available to students and recent graduates of the Gemological Institute of America.
GIA Student Membership can be held for a period of three years, and when at the Club headquarters in New York City GIA Student Members are required to wear an identification tag at all times.
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in the GIA for any of its classes.
- GIA Alumni within 2 years of graduation.
- Access to merchandise on the 25,000 square-foot trading floor at the DDC, with an individual user name and password, located at 580 Fifth Ave, New York City, with the right to buy and sell diamonds.
- Access to the DDC Secure Online Trading Platform with over 400 suppliers and over 200,000 stones available for immediate delivery at wholesale prices, with the right to buy and sell diamonds.
- The ability to easily establish credit using the DDC’s credit facility.
- Easily buy and sell diamonds to DDC members who are known and respected in the jewelry industry.
- Free mailing address in the most prestigious building in the diamond and jewelry district, 580 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10036, with a mail delivery service.
- The right to use the Club facility as an office with free Internet access, telephone service, fax machines and computer terminals for the member’s own private use.
- The right to use and display the DDC logo signifying integrity, experience and reliability as a diamond merchant.
- Access to the DDC’s professional office and legal staff to assist with any industry or personal business matter.
- Private conference room available for meetings of 12 or less with advanced reservations. Nominal charge of $50 dollars per hour apply.
- Membership identification card enabling access to the DDC trading facility.
- In the event of a business dispute, the right to have the matter resolved quickly through the DDC arbitration system.
- Free cell phone and telephone answering service and dedicated phone number with a 212 area code.
- Free overseas telephone calls.
- Website design services at discounted prices. Custom designed websites can be with e-commerce functionality, including the ability to accept payments.
- Link on the member’s company website to the DDC diamond inventory.
- Search engine optimization and Internet marketing services.
- Use of the trading floor fax machine.
- Official scales and weighing services.
- Access to fluorescence detection equipment.
- Use of a Sarin diamond identifying machine.
- Locker to store personal items.
- Access to the DDC restaurant.
- Use of the DDC lounge and television room.
- Complimentary seminars and trade education classes.
- Complimentary computer training and website user classes.
- Free admission to Guest Speaker’s meetings.
- The right to attend general meetings of the DDC.
- Upgrade to full membership after 3 years with waived initiation fee.
Membership in the Diamond Dealers Club is contingent upon the approval of the DDC Admissions Committee. Prior to final approval the applicant’s photograph will be displayed in the Club.
In order to consider a candidate’s membership, the Admissions Committee has to be provided with the following:
- A completed application form.
- A GIA student card for currently enrolled GIA students.
- A GIA graduation certificate for GIA graduates.
- A signed credit history authorization form.
- A signed credit card authorization form.
- Foreign students have to submit a bank reference letter and bank statements.
- $1,000 annual GIA Student membership fee which is only deposited once the applicant is accepted.