Web-trader members of the Diamond Dealers Club are provided trading privileges on the DDC secured online trading platform.
The DDC will guarantee a web-trader’s credit if that web-trader selects to become a bonded DDC member. A bonded DDC member’s guarantee or collateral will be filed with the DDC and maintained and updated regularly through the DDC website.
Web traders who are not bonded members will have to arrange terms of credit for each individual transaction.
- Individuals engaged in business who are or wish to be the diamond and or colored stone trade or related jewelry industry.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be employed or in business for a minimum of two years.
- Access to the DDC Secure Online Trading Platform with over 400 suppliers and over 200,000 stones available for immediate delivery at wholesale prices, with the right to buy and sell diamonds.
- In the event of a business dispute, the right to have the matter resolved quickly through the DDC arbitration system.
- Recieve a certificate of membership as a Diamond Dealers Club Member
- Access to the DDC trading floor in New York City once a year, with Guest Buyer privileges.
- Website design services at discounted prices. Custom designed websites can be with e-commerce functionality, including the ability to accept payments.
- Link on the member’s company website to the DDC diamond inventory.
- Search engine optimization and Internet marketing services.
Web-trader membership in the Diamond Dealers Club is contingent upon the approval of the DDC Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to run a credit report, check business credit references and to request a JBT Report.
In order to consider a candidate’s membership, the Admissions Committee has to be provided with the following:
- A completed application form.
- FOR BONDED WEB-TRADER MEMBERS:
- Personal guarantees backed by collateral, verified by the DDC;
- And/or by having merchandise valued and placed under the DDC’s control;
- And/or a letter of credit in favor of the DDC;
- And/or an approved credit card payment held by the DDC;
- $800 annual web-trader membership fee, which is only deposited once the applicant is accepted.